The Creative Entrepreneur Virtual Series – Spring 2022
- Creative Entrepreneurship 2/28/22 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM (EST)
- The Creative Business Model & Planning for the Unknown 3/7/22 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM (EST)
- Financials & Funding for the Creative 3/14/22 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM (EDT)
- Inventory & Marketing 3/21/22 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM (EDT)
- The Creative Bullseye Framework 3/28/22 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM (EDT)
- Business Model Canvas Deep Dive 4/4/22 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM (EDT)
- Capstone & Pitch Competition 4/9/22 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM (EDT)
- Registration Deadline: 2/28/22 5:00 PM (EST)
Calling All Visual & Performing Artists, Authors, Photographers, and Other Creatives!!!
Are you ready to fully monetize your talents as a real business?
JOIN BENEDICT COLLEGE WOMEN’S BUSINESS CENTER FOR OUR CREATIVE ENTREPRENEUR VIRTUAL SERIES
February 28 – April 9, 2022
Weekly Sessions Held Every Monday, 7PM- 8:30PM
Expected Learning Outcomes:
The Creative Entrepreneur Initiative at Benedict College Women’s Business Center is a free six-weeks course designed to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Define and explain business models for creative entrepreneurs, to include the introduction of a Business Model Canvas as a tool for business planning.
- Fully develop clients understanding of business concepts and strategies that involve cost of goods and services provided, profit margin, and inventory.
- Engage creatives in discussions on funding, start-up capital, grants, sales, and resource attainment around their craft.
- Define and explain strategies for overcoming adversity, rebounding from failure, finding opportunities out of crisis, and planning for unknowns.
- Ensure participants understand the financial aspects of entrepreneurship including pricing, profit & loss, projections, and revenue generation.
At the conclusion of the course, a Capstone Celebratory In-Person Workshop will be held on Saturday, April 9, 2022, for those who were able to attend most of the virtual sessions. The Capstone will include a final pitch competition and some amazing door prizes from our community partners.
The Creative Entrepreneur Initiative is a key component of the Women’s Business Center’s Mobile and Creative Entrepreneur Demonstration (MCED) Project, an initiative funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Resiliency and Recovery Program, the Truist Foundation, and WellsFargo. The purpose of MCED is to serve as an extension of the Benedict College Women’s Business Center by empowering rural low-to-moderate income women and minorities with resources to promote economic self-sufficiency.
Instructor: Dr. Kasie Whitener, lecturer, Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina and managing partner of Clemson Road Creative, LLC.
Recommended supplemental reading to assist during the course:
Osterwalder, A. and Pigneur, Y (2010) Business Model Generation, Hoboken: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
Weinberg, G. and Mares, J (2015) Traction. United States of America: Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares
Please register here to attend this event.
All sessions of the Creative Entrepreneur Series will be recorded for future use by the Benedict College Women’s Business Center (BC WBC). By registering for this event, you are granting BCWBC permission to use your likeness or picture in BCWBC publications, promotional materials and resources.